Saturday, March 31, 2012

O'Sullivan targets coaching return

Eddie O'Sullivan has made it clear he wants a return to management and he has set his sights on the vacant head coach position at Munster.

tony-mcgahan-munster-coach-2011_2688247.jpg (800×600)

With Tony McGahan due to return to Australia at the end of the season Munster have begun the process of finding his successor with a shortlist of five candidates set to be interviewed by a selection committee - former winger John Kelly, Munster junior vice president John Hartery, former president Declan Madden and chief executive Garrett Fitzgerald - within the coming week.

"The Munster job is a big job in terms of rugby, it’s one of the marquee names of European rugby, having built up a huge tradition in the Heineken Cup having won it twice," he said. "Munster is a big name not just in Europe but around the world. It’s a big job, a very big job. It’d be great to be involved in it. "At the moment I presume like any other job they get a shortlist together and carry out interviews. I’ve heard nothing yet but I’d suspect Munster are pretty busy as yet with the preparations for the Heineken Cup quarter-finals coming up. I’m assuming like any other job I’ll be called in [for interviews] and we’ll take it from there."

O'Sullivan has been out of management since stepping down from his position with the USA Eagles following the Rugby World Cup but he is looking for a return and has set his sights on the Munster vacancy.

"I just want to get back coaching. I’ve been coaching all my life and at the moment I’m stuck between jobs, which happens every so often. It happened after I finished with Ireland and the American job came along," O'Sullivan is quoted as saying in the Irish Examiner. "I am looking to get back on the horse and get on with it."

3193841693.jpg (621×225)

0 comments:

Post a Comment