Friday, March 2, 2012

Kite to soar for Vikings

New Widnes signing belatedly joins up with Vikings squad



New Widnes signing Sione 'John' Kite has finally joined his team-mates at the Vikings and is determined to make up for lost time.

The 24-year-old former Melbourne and Canterbury prop signed a 12-month contract shortly before the start of the 2012 season but has been forced to miss the first month of the campaign as he awaited the arrival of his visa.

The paperwork is now in order, however, and Kite says he cannot wait to get into the action. "It seems to have taken an absolute age to get here but now that I am, I'm keen to get out on the field and prove myself to the club and its supporters," the 6ft 5in forward said. "I've been following the team's progress back home and I share the disappointment of how things have gone so far.

Only signing for one year is a massive motivator for me and it is something I will use to ensure that my performances are consistent throughout the season." Kite will link up at the Stobart Stadium with Australian utility back Cameron Phelps, whose arrival in England was also held up by red tape. - http://www1.skysports.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment