Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rugby news 12BET update 11/13


O'Gara will keep on going

Ronan O'Gara has no intention of calling it quits anytime soon, having played his 100th Heineken Cup game on Saturday.



The Ireland star completed his Munster century in Saturday’s three-point win over the Scarlets, a result that saw the Irish province make it three tight wins from three for the season in European competition. O’Gara kicked over four penalties as he scored in his 83rd consecutive European Cup game, taking his total points tally in the competition to 1,233.

At 34, it could be asked how long more the talismanic fly-half can keep going, but the player himself says he is only looking forward as his province continues to put last year’s HEC flop behind them.

"It's a significant milestone but I have my foot on the accelerator and I'm not looking back," he told RTE.

"I'm looking forward and that's the way you have to be in this game - it's a ruthless game. I want to make the most of whatever years are left and I'm enjoying it immensely at the minute.

“You play to enjoy it and you play to win, and I tick the box on both counts.”
As for his notable milestone, O’Gara added that it is not important at the moment. He said: "When I finish playing in a few years time I will look upon it as a significant cap because it's a fantastic competition.” - http://www.setanta.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment