Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rugby news 12BET update 12/04


Stringer to move to Saracens

Munster have announced that they will allow scrum-half Peter Stringer to move to English Premiership side Saracens on a three month loan.

The English outfit have ruled a number of players out due to injuries, including their two scrum-halves Neil de Cock and Richard Wigglesworth, which is why they approached Munster to inquire about Stringer.

After taking both Stringer and the rules and regulations into consideration, it was decided that Munster should accept the proposal, as it would be in the best interests of the player.

“I believe I still have a lot to offer and want to continue to play at the highest level,” said Stringer.

"In the situation I currently find myself, that is outside the Munster match day squad, I think this temporary switch to Saracens will serve my ambition best.

"This offers me a new challenge, and I'm grateful to Munster management for their co-operation."

Munster coach Tony McGahan also commented  is also behind the deal, believing it will be beneficial to both parties.

“We recognise the situation Peter finds himself in, are happy to accommodate this short term arrangement and wish Peter well."

It is believed that once the paperwork is drawn up and completed that the move will take place with immediate effect. - - http://www.setanta.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment