Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shervington signs on

Hooker agrees new deal to remain at Worcester


Worcester have been buoyed by news hooker Ed Shervington has accepted a new deal to remain at Sixways.

The Warriors have a number of their leading players out of contract in the summer - with Miles Benjamin, Marcel Garvey and Chris Pennell among those attracting interest elsewhere.

However 26-year-old Shervington has followed Shaun Perry and Jonny Arr in committing his future to Worcester.

Shervington, who has made 32 appearances since joining the club from the Ospreys, said: "I've had a really good few seasons at Sixways and I'm excited to extend that.

"We've made a really strong start to 2012 and if we had closed out some of the tight games we would be in an even better place. The reason for signing is simple, because I think the Warriors have a big future.

"Everybody talks about the facilities and set-up here, but the rugby is moving forward too and hopefully with the players we will sign and retain we will only get stronger. There is a big future for the club and I want to be going places with Worcester.

"There was interest from other clubs but I am settled in the area with my girlfriend Stacey. We love the city, the fans and Worcester is where I want to be. It is the best place I can be.

"I've also enjoyed working with the coaching team here, especially Phil Davies. He is hugely experienced and working alongside him has only benefitted my overall game."



Get the great ODDs for online sports betting at 12BET. Good Luck!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment